Thursday, May 5, 2011

Double Chocolate Stout.

I was pretty good today... Until happy hour arrived.

Chris and I met some of his college buddies after work for some drinks.  We had some time to kill before they arrived, so we stopped at a local bar called Casey's for burgers and drinks.  I had pretty much the best bacon cheeseburger of my life, accompanied by some fries and a pint of Guinness.

Later, we went to another local bar called Ashley's.  This bar boasts over 100 varieties of beer.  I had two Young's Double Chocolate Stouts.  I really think this may be my all time favorite beer.  If you like chocolate malts, you will like this beer.  Do not be deterred by the fact that it is black as night!  I finished the evening with a wheat beer from the Flying Dog Brewery.  I can't recall the name (imagine that?), but it was also very good.

A great evening overall, but not such a great evening for my diet.  It was worth it.

No comments: