Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Need Motivation.

171.2 pounds this month.  I'm not proud.

I know exactly what happened.  I've basically gone off of any diet to speak off.  I'm good at lunch during the week.  That is only because I take fruits and veggies to work and they are my only options.

There are a few things that I can work on during this month of May:

1) Stop snacking!  I work in an office.  Anyone that works in an office knows that there are always "treats" available.  I think that my office may be a particularly bad place to work for someone that can't keep their hands out of the "candy bowl."

2) Stop eating carbs after 2pm.  This is difficult for me because I grew up in a household where dinner was always the heaviest meal.  I need to teach myself to eat my carbs for the day at breakfast and lunch, rather than at dinner.  I saw during my brief stint on the 17 Day Diet that this really works.

3) Lay off the sweets.  This is a tough one for me for a couple of reasons.  First, I have a super sweet tooth.  Second, I absolutely LOVE to bake and make candy.  I've found that the easiest way to keep sweets out of my mouth is to avoid contact with them.  No more buying them at the store, and no more evening runs for ice cream.

4) Drink more water.  Lately, I am drinking less and less water.  I'm replacing it with coffee.  Not good... at all.  Starting today, I am only allowed one cup of coffee in the morning.

5) Start making daily blog posts again.  This really seemed to keep me on track in the beginning.  I can't promise that every post will be enthralling, but they will keep me honest.  I apologize in advance for some of the boring posts you are going to see in the days to come.

Anyway...

We got our Equinox on Saturday.  It is great!

I walked in the March for Babies on Sunday in honor of my nephew, Noah Michael Corwin.  He was born with anencephaly and in February of 2010 and passed away shortly after.  I hope that everyone who is able supports the March of Dimes so that one day people won't have to go through what my sister and brother-in-law went through.

I'll be back tomorrow.  I promise!

No comments: