Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter.

I had a very nice Easter Sunday with my family.  We ate indulgent foods and had good conversation.  These were my contribution to the menu:


I am pretty dang proud of those cupcakes.  They are lemon cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting and candied lemon peels on top.  The oatmeal raisin cookies were good, too.  In fact, I at the last one about thirty seconds ago.

After dinner, my dad took my sister and I out to the pasture to see the calves that have been born this spring on the farm.  There are few things in this world that are more adorable than a baby cow.  Although, the kittens that he showed me before dinner were pretty cute, too.

I've been pretty good this week aside from the Easter feast.  Chris and I are making a concerted effort to eat at home more often and that helps a lot.  It is much easier to cheat when you are sitting in a restaurant looking at a menu of items full of delicious fat, carbs, sugar, and salt.

We are supposed to get some severe weather tonight.  I hope the power doesn't go out!

No comments: