Tuesday, April 5, 2011

More Vegetables, Please!

I hope you can sense my sarcasm.  I had a heaping plate of raw veggies for lunch and a heaping plate of stir fried veggies for dinner.  If I eat another carrot, I might turn orange.  I've decided not to eat anymore... until lunch time tomorrow.

I better than most days today.  Hopefully I can keep it up.

On Monday, I wore eight pound ankle weights during my entire leg workout for the first time.  Normally there is no one on the basketball court at the gym in the morning, so I've been using it when I work my legs.  So, picture me with ankle weights on and ten pound dumbbells on my shoulders pacing around the court doing various exercises.  (We're at 36 pounds of extra weight if you weren't counting.)  Lunges, squats, leg lifts, back kicks, front kicks... Now you understand why my glutes are sore today.

I worked my abs today.  50 crunches on a Bosu, 50 crunches with leg lifts on a Bosu, 50 "regular" crunches, 50 reverse crunches, a 30 second plank, and a 30 second plank on each side.  Are you starting to understand why this plateau is so frustrating?  I don't take a 2 minute break between exercises... I do these nearly continuously because I want to keep my heart rate up.  Of course, my muscles do need a little break sometimes.

Tomorrow is arm day.  I plan to step up from ten to twelve pound dumbbells.  We'll see how that goes...

No comments: