Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Flowers.

I saw a little yellow flower in one of my beds today.  It's small, but it's a start.  I have lots of daffodils and tulips that are just about ready to bloom as well.

I really want to get a garden in this year, and I need to get moving on it.  I've been so busy with other things lately that I haven't had a second to consider it, but I'm hoping that I can at least get the grass dug up next weekend.  It would be wonderful to be able to walk out to the backyard and get fresh vegetables this summer.  I will definitely have to put some fencing around it to keep the dog out (and those pesky rabbits).

I have been eating very healthy lately, but I have not been sticking to the 17-Day Diet rules.  If it is such a struggle to stay on the program, then the program probably isn't for me.  I won't deny for a second that it produces great results, but it took no time at all for those results to reverse themselves when I started eating carbs again.  I am going to do my best to eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water.  If the scale isn't showing it then maybe I am just meant to be at this weight.

I'm not throwing up my hands in defeat.  I am just coming to the realization that my weight is just a number.  If I eat right and exercise, then I'll leave the rest up to nature.  Perhaps this is just who I am.  Honestly, which is less healthy: 1) being 15-20 pounds overweight, or 2) constantly obsessing and stressing out over being 15-20 pounds over weight?  I think the stress will give me a heart attack before the weight does.  Life is too short.  If it's a couple of years shorter because I'm a little overweight, then at least I'll die happy.

1 comment:

Rachel J said...

I think you are perfect just the way you are! As long as you are happy, I'm happy.