Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Baker's Nook!? Yes!

Yes, I know.  I missed a day.  Anyway...

I went shopping with my Mom today for some supplies for my sister's baby shower.  I plan to make some truffles for favors.  I have never made them before, so I spent a little time online researching about chocolate.  I learned that baker supply shops generally have the best chocolate for candy making.  Go figure.

I have a new favorite store.  It's called The Baker's Nook in Saline, Michigan.  I thought that I'd died and gone to heaven.  I love baking and this store has everything that anyone could ever need to bake anything.  I could have spent hours in there.  Luckily, I had my Mom with me to keep me focused on the mission at hand.  I picked out 15 pounds of chocolate (Yes, I said, "15 pounds of chocolate.") and got out of there.

Fortunately, I will not be making these truffles until long after my weigh in on Monday.  You know that I will have to sample them when I do.  Every good chef samples thier food.

We did baby shower related shopping for most of the day.  I did eat at Red Robin for lunch, and I did not do a great job of sticking to the diet.  I had a BBQ chicken wrap and a bowl of chili.  I could have done worse, I guess.  I will be working out hard tomorrow to make up for it.  I'll do some Tae Bo or running, but I haven't decided which.

I got back home around 3:30 and Chris and I turned around and headed out to the movie theater to meet some friends.  We saw "Paul."  It was very funny, and well worth the ticket price.  Not for kids though, if you didn't get that from the trailer.

We grabbed some dinner at IHOP afterwords, and I did very well.  I had crepes with fruit, yogurt, and granola on them.  Yes, I know there were a lot of carbs in that.  It's okay though, it was low calorie.  I also had two sausage links for some protein.  I'm still having some trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that eating a crepe is more of a sin on this diet than eating a sausage link.

We had a great time.  It's been a while since we went out with friends.  We need to do it more often.

No comments: