Friday, March 11, 2011

I Love Fridays.

Well, I love Fridays from 4:30pm on.

I got out of cooking this evening.  Chris and I went to a going away gathering for one of his co-workers at a local bar.  I did cheat a little.  I had a beer and had ranch dressing on my grilled chicken salad.  Other than that I was super good though!  I could have done so much worse in a setting like that.

I had all but lost hope on the losing the ten pounds that I needed to lose by March 21st.  This new diet is working wonders though, and I have renewed determination to make it happen.  I've lost three pounds since Monday!  Four more to go and a little over a week to do it in.  I just have to stick to the plan.

My heart hurts for the people of Japan today.  Although I am grateful for the technology that we have these days, I am not sure how I feel about the relentless and intrusive news coverage.  This is certainly not the first occasion that I've felt this way, but today's events just bring it to the forefront of my mind.  There are a couple of things that bother me.  First, someone is profiting off of another person's grief and misery.  Second, many people in this world get some sort of high off of witnessing tragedies.  I am guilty of it.  I visited CNN.com multiple times today.  I guess I just feel that if you want to see this stuff first hand, get on a plane and go help them.  Don't sit on your couch and say, "Oh, that's too bad, but that tsunami video was amazing so I'm going to watch it forty times."  I won't be watching the news this weekend.

No comments: