Monday, March 7, 2011

Saucy Salmon.

I am not a seafood fan.  I never have been.  There are a few things that I like, but I've never been one to sit down to a giant hunk of fish (unless it has been battered and deep fried).

In order to keep some variety in my life during phase one of the 17 Day Diet, I have decided to try some new fish recipes.  Tonight I made 'Saucy Salmon'.  It wasn't bad.  I would rather have been eating a giant bowl of spaghetti, but this was a fish recipe that I could tolerate.  I ate half of the piece of salmon that I served myself (about 2 ounces, I believe).  Trust me, that is a victory.  Later this week I will be making blackened salmon to top a salad.  Stay tuned to find out if I can down 3 ounces of that.

Day one of the diet went very well.  I may have eaten my weight in fresh veggies.  The only carbs that I ate were some Activia this morning and an orange at lunch.  By the way, I did not mention yesterday that this diet requires me to eat two servings of probiotics each day.  I've decided to have an Activia at breakfast and an acidophilus tablet with dinner.  There's something very odd to me about intentionally putting live bacteria in my body, but I haven't heard of anyone dying from it.

So far this isn't so bad.  We'll see how I feel in 17 days.

No comments: