Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vegetables Are My Friends.

Why is it that I get so many questions and comments about my raw vegetable lunch?  For the last few weeks, I've been having a heaping plate of raw veggies along side some sort of lean protein for lunch.  "Wow, that's a lot of veggies." "Now that's a healthy lunch." "Do you have some ranch to dip those in?" "The weight loss challenge is over.  You're still doing that?"

Yes, that's a lot of veggies and there are probably fewer calories in this entire plate of veggies than there are in the bread in your sandwich.  Yes, it is a healthy lunch and that is the point.  No, I don't dip them in ranch because that would defeat the whole purpose of eating them.  Yes, I am still doing this because my weight loss challenge is not over.

Trust me, I would rather be eating a ham and cheese sandwich and a cup of soup.  Unfortunately, that is not going to take me where I want to go.

My cheat week is over and I need to buckle down.  Making truffles yesterday was not a good idea, but it needed to be done.

No comments: