Monday, March 28, 2011

Sugar.

I had a check-up at the doctor today, which also resulted in a half day of work.  I used my half day to experiment with the truffles that I am going to make for my sister's baby shower.  I tried two recipes: chocolate peanut butter and white chocolate raspberry.  Both tasted great, but the consistency of the raspberry filling made it really difficult to work with.  There must be a secret to working with gooey filling.

As I've mentioned on multiple occasions, I love baking and cooking.  That made this afternoon a lot of fun.  I wish I could spend every afternoon like that.  However, my stomach is not having so much fun tonight after sampling the candy that I was making.

In the last week I really have noticed how much worse you feel when you eat crap all of the time.  When I eat healthier I feel more energetic and even happier.  Not everyone has the guilt gene, but I do and eating unhealthy makes me feel guilty.  That is why I need to get back on this diet.  Actually, I did very well today aside from the truffle sampling.

My check-up went well.  I had been wondering if my hearing was impaired due to spending my teenage years listening to heavy metal and punk music until my ears rang, but it turns out that there is only one low frequency that I can't hear.  I have decided that half of all men speak at this frequency, including my boss and my husband.  I apologize guys, and so do the Suicide Machines.

I have a new doctor, and she thinks that I may need to step up my dose of Synthroid.  Synthroid is the medicine that I take for hypothyroidism.  I'll find out in the next week or so.  That could be another step toward figuring out why my weight is such a pain in the ass to control.

No comments: