Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Basil Marinaded Chicken.

Day two on the diet has been a success.  The weight does seem to be coming off, which makes me a happy camper.

I made "Grilled Basil-Marinaded Chicken" for dinner tonight.  It was excellent.  I will most definitely be making it again.  I'm looking forward to making it this summer when I can use the outdoor grill.

I made some steamed asparagus to have on the side.  I learned that asparagus is not good when it is out of season.  Half of the pieces were mush and have of them were tough.  It might have been okay for a cream of asparagus soup, but that is certainly not allowed on this diet.  I won't be eating anything with the word "cream" in the title for quite some time.

Problems on the home front abound. The garage door opener has gone kaput.  The water softener, which is less than two years old, was repaired for the second time today.  We've been told that we need an expensive filtration system.  The muffler on Chris' car is barely hanging on.  The dog has been digging in the yard again, and broke the collar that is connected to his invisible fence.  We have ants living near the kitchen sink, in spite of the traps that we've put out.  We're not dirty people, I swear.  Why does everything break at the same time?

I just heard the toaster pop. My husband is making toast with Nutella (the only thing in this house that he could be making in the toaster).  Let the torment begin.  Mmm... carbs.

No comments: