Friday, March 25, 2011

Too. Much. Food.

I was so bad today.  I'm feeling it.  In fact, this morning I was thinking to myself about how much better I felt before starting this binge week.  Apparently my body was enjoying the break from carbs and excessive amounts of fat.

I could have done worse at lunch.  The peanut sauce on my stir fry and the flat bread served with it were probably the only unhealthy ingredients.  By the way, loved the Flat Top Grill.

For dinner, Chris wanted Olive Garden.  I was not about to skip out on an opportunity to avoid cooking dinner, so we went.  It tasted great, but my stomach is revolting a bit right now.  We each had two drinks, salad, bread sticks, and an entree.  We split a dessert.  I only ate half of my entree.  Does that count as a win?

On a positive note, I discovered this morning that I have not totally lost my endurance.  It's been a while since a ran for more than 5 minutes.  You may recall that I've been doing 2, 2 minute sprints at 7 mph after lifting each morning.  Well, this morning I had already finished my lifting for the week so I decided to spend 20 minutes on the treadmill.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could run at 5.5mph for all but one minute of it.  If I had pushed a little harder I probably could have ran the entire time.

I'm thinking about running the Dexter-Ann Arbor 5k.  My employer will match my registration fee in a donation to C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.  That's a $60 donation.  My brother spent a lot of time there as a kid, so Mott is a special cause for me.  Also, I was just two days out from running my first 5k when my brother passed last fall.  I did not end up doing it and he's probably complaining to Jesus right now about how I broke my plans because of him.

No comments: