Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blackened Mixed Grill Salads.

Tonight's tester recipe was "Blackened Mixed Grill Salads."  The attached recipe for blackening spice is a winner.  Just in case you were wondering, no it is not spicy.  I thought that it would be and was pleasantly surprised to learn otherwise.  As for the rest of the recipe, eh.

This did affirm for me that I am not a seafood eater.  I loved the seasoning on the chicken.  The first bite of salmon made me lose my appetite.  I am a firm believer that people should try things that they didn't like as children when they are adults.  I've found out on many occasions that I was really missing out.  That is not the case with our finned friends.  I told Chris that going forward he should eat fish when we go out for dinner if he wants to eat it.

Again, I do like crab, tuna, and most deep fried seafood.  Although, I think you could deep fry just about anything and it would be good.  Mmm... fat.

I didn't end up having much of a dinner after that disgusting bite of salmon.  I am sure it will come back to haunt me later.  It was haunting me a little bit during the Spartans basketball game tonight.  I'm pretty sure ESPN's ad sales department hates me.  Snickers PB Squares, pizza, McDonald's... Bullies.

No comments: