Saturday, March 12, 2011

Clean House, Tasty Turkey.

The title of today's post pretty well sums up my day.  I spent four hours or so cleaning today, and the house looks good.  When I was finished, I put the turkey breast in the oven and somehow managed to burn the next three hours fluttering around the house.  I don't recall sitting down for very long, but I'm not sure where the time went.

I did make some more of that great basil marinade that I tried earlier this week; and started marinading four chicken breasts.  I'm going to cook them off tomorrow for my lunch and for some salads one night this week.  I also cleaned up a dog mess with our Little Green Machine (stinker!) and made a menu for next week's dinners.  Then, I made some accompaniments for the turkey (tossed salad and steamed broccoli and cauliflower).  That does not sound like three hours!

Not to brag, but I make the juiciest, most delicious turkey ever.  In the past I have used butter and wine to baste the turkey.  Today I used some homemade turkey broth that I had in the freezer and it was to die for.  I will never again make the mistake of thinking that turkey needs to be jazzed up.  It is wonderful with nothing but a pinch of salt.  If you couldn't tell, I'm still thinking about it.

Part of the 17 Day Diet is drinking 64 ounces of water each day.  That is really easy to do when I am sitting at my desk with a 32 ounce water bottle.  I found today that it is not so easy when you are up and moving around.  I've only had 12 ounces today.  I need to try and be better about this on the weekends.  I also made the mistake of working through lunch.  All of a sudden it was 3:00pm and I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast.  I wonder how thin I would be if I worked in a job that was more physically demanding?

No comments: