Friday, February 25, 2011

The Cupcake Station.

I'm sure that you're all aware that cupcakes are huge right now.  I've been to a multitude of events in the last year where the traditional layer or sheet cake had been replaced by cute little cupcakes.

The trend is so popular, that there are now bakeries solely devoted to making cupcakes.  There is one such bakery in Ann Arbor, Michigan called the Cupcake Station.  I've had their cupcakes several times now, and was presented with the opportunity again today at work.  They looked so delicious that I couldn't help myself.  I should learn at some point.  The flavors are very inventive and their appearance is very appealing.  In fact, the taste is pretty good too.  However, I've found that almost every time the cake is very dry.  If I want to indulge, do I want to spend those calories on a dry cupcake?

I've never actually gone to their shop and had a cupcake.  It's possible that the dryness is a result of sitting in some one's refrigerator all day.  Or, it's possible that I am just picky about my cake.

I finally got a chance to try weight lifting before cardio this morning. I think I like it.  I wasn't too worn out from my running or stair climbing to get a good lift in.

I'm so happy it's the weekend!  I'm off to play cards with some family and friends tomorrow night.  There will be treats and drinks.  Wish me luck!

No comments: