Friday, February 11, 2011

A Friday with My Sweetheart.

Chris and I took the day off today.  We'll call it a mental health day.  We did get some errands done, but for the most part we just went out and about and enjoyed each other's company.  We slept in, went to the Secretary of State (so much fun), did some light shopping, went out to lunch, and went to see 'True Grit'.  It was a delightful day.

We might have considered taking Monday, Valentine's Day, off instead.  There are a couple of issues with that.  First, I'm not supposed to take Mondays off if at all possible.  Also, there's some reason that a Friday off is just so much more refreshing.  It's like you're shortening the work week, not delaying it.

I did skip the gym today, but made up for it by being very good on the diet front.  By my best mental calculation, I've consumed about 1200 calories total today and I've already eaten dinner.  The best part is, at no point was I overly hungry.

There isn't a lot of the agenda tomorrow other than some cooking and cleaning around the house.  There is definitely enough to keep me going all day, but it isn't grueling work.  In fact, I kind of enjoy it once I get my butt off of the couch and get moving.

No comments: