Saturday, February 12, 2011

Early Valentine's Day.

As planned, I spent most of the day cleaning and cooking.  My house is spotless, aside from a few rooms that need vacuumed.  Chris has promised to do that tomorrow.  I love a clean house.

Chris and I went to dinner for Valentine's Day tonight.  We went to an Italian restaurant nearby.  I wouldn't say that the food I ate there was healthy, but I did not overeat.  In fact, I think I have enough of the "Wild Mushroom Penne" that I ordered leftover to have it two more times.  That's not necessarily a good thing, but it does mean that I had a small win tonight.

I was supposed to make dinner for my Dad's birthday tomorrow, but he called today and said that something came up and he has to work.  We live about an hour away from one another, so it isn't as easy as just moving the start time.  I suggested that maybe Chris and I would drive out to his house and I'll make dinner there so that it is ready when he gets home.  My Mom will be home and we'll have a chance to chat.  I have to call her tomorrow and see if that is feasible.  I hope so.  I haven't seen them in a few weeks and it would be nice to catch up.  Also, I love cooking for my family.

No comments: