Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Day with the Girls.

I spent the day with my Mom and my sister.  We went to visit my Grandma.  She has not been doing very well lately, but was in very good spirits today.  It's been a long time since I've seen her laugh so much.  I'm not sure that she knew what she was laughing about, but she was laughing.  She also told us that she was glad we came, and even hugged me back when we left.  I can't remember the last time she did that.  She's never really been one for hugs, but we always hug her anyway and I think that she secretly loves it.

After our visit, we drove to downtown Chelsea.  If you've never been there, it's a very cute little town.  There are quite a few little shops with crafty, artsy things in them that you might not find elsewhere.  I bought Chris a big, concrete Spartan "S" to put in the flower bed in front of our house this spring.  He'd been eyeing one for a long time in another store, and today I decided that he should have it.  I personally am not Michigan State alumni, but he is and he loves his Spartans.

I love spending the day with my Mom and my sister doing girly things.  Today was a sunny day and was perfect for it.

My lunch was less than stellar today.  I had a mesquite chicken wrap, which was probably not so bad.  However, it came with a side of nachos.  Aside from that, I did pretty well.  I definitely did a lot more walking than I do on a typical Saturday.  I also carried a thirty to forty pound concrete lawn ornament about two blocks to the car with no trouble.  It looks like the weight lifting is paying off.

No comments: