Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Win, Cheesecake!

I can proudly say that there is still almost half of a cheesecake in our refrigerator and I did not touch it today.  Hooray for me!

I've been very good today.  We had baked pork chops and pan-friend potatoes for dinner.  I fried the potatoes in a little olive oil.  I recently decided that this was no different than roasting them in olive oil; therefore, not so bad for me.  Please feel free to correct my logic if you know of some strange chemical reaction that happens in olive oil when you fry it as opposed to roasting it.

I has a Smart One for lunch today.  I've been eating them for lunch a lot because they are low calorie, they usually taste good, and they are so very convenient.  However, I was quite alarmed today when I happened to notice that the ingredient list in my Chicken Enchiladas Suiza meal took up one entire side panel of the box that it came in.  The type wasn't exactly large either.  I am having a really difficult time finding lunch options that are low calorie, not full of chemicals, tasty, and convenient.  I have had some luck in the past, but can't seem to stick with anything because I get sick of it after three or four days.  You may remember the tuna salad in a tomato idea... Well, the thought of eating tuna salad is actually nauseating at this point.  I'd rather eat nothing.

I'm working out 5 days a week and staying away from bad foods (for the most part), but I seem to be on a plateau. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help aside from the predictable, "Stop eating cheesecake every day"?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Apples are good for you and they are filling. I usually pack a couple pieces of fruit, yogurt, baby carrots, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (not so low calorie) and I get full and have enough for a snack later in the day :)