Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday, Hooray!

I'm so very glad that it is the weekend.  This has been a long week.  I hit the stair climber 5 days this week, and did at least one (usually more) strength training exercise on 4 of those days.  Not to mention a slightly hectic work week.

A friend with a personal trainer let me in on a few "secret" weight loss tips today.  There was one tip of particular interest to me.  I've been using the stair climber before my strength training exercises.  According to the professional advice that she was given, I should be doing this in reverse.  I will be piloting that next week.  I am probably doing the right things in the right amounts, I just need to rethink the order.

I also was glad to hear that doing 30-60 minutes of cardio every day is not necessarily the way to go.  I am not a huge fan of cardio, because I find it boring.  It was said that strength training and interval training tend to yield the best results as far as weight loss and toning muscle.  One statement in particular drove it home for me, "Would you rather look like a marathon runner or a sprinter?  I would rather look like a sprinter."

No comments: