Monday, February 21, 2011

Snow Day 2!?!

That's right, Chris and I both had to burn another personal day today.  Ten inches of snow fell in our town, and not much less at my office.  Just as we went out to shovel the driveway our neighbor got her car stuck backing out of hers.  We took that as evidence that we made the right choice to stay home.  Needless to say, shoveling was my workout for the day.

We had to shovel the driveway in two sections.  This snow was much heavier than the last dumping that we got.  By the time we were half done our backs needed a break.  After we'd been back at it for a half hour or so, a good Samaritan came by with a plow and finished the last tenth of it for us.  He said that he had seen us "busting ass" while he was working on the neighbor's driveway and felt bad for us.

Jet did not have a good night after his cat food binge.  He acted like he felt sick for most of the evening.  At about 2am, he started to whine and pace around the house.  That pretty much continued until 6am this morning.  That's the short version anyway.  At that point I got up, fed him, and let him out again.  After a day of dealing with terrible dog farts, he seems to be feeling better.  I'm crossing my fingers that he sleeps tonight like usual.

There are no confessions to make today.  I did a good job of keeping busy so that I didn't graze while I was at home.  We had homemade thin crust pizza topped with ham, mushrooms, and banana peppers for dinner.  It was quite tasty and filling.  I was surprised that is was so filling.

No comments: