Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Never Learn...

I should be banned from using crushed red pepper, because I always overdo it.  Chris couldn't even finish his dinner tonight because the spices gave him a stomach ache.  I finished mine, but it was a smaller bowl and I gave in and had some bread with it.

What is it that was so spicy, you ask?  Pepper steak.  It isn't like the pepper steak that you eat in a Chinese restaurant.  It is a ground beef, mushroom soup, and green pepper concoction that my brother-in-law introduced me to.  It is "Asian influenced" because it is served over rice and usually has some soy sauce in it or on it.  I load it up with black pepper and red pepper flakes because I like a little kick, but usually my kick ends up being more like a fiery explosion.  You would think that I would learn to have some restraint.

Yes, I know that 80/20 ground beef and canned mushroom soup are not the healthiest choices.  While I may have no restraint when it comes to seasoning my cooking, I did exercise some restraint in my portioning.  You can eat anything you want if you eat it in the right portions.  That is something that I still struggle with.

I don't really have anything more to report.  Lets be honest, I'm doing pretty well with the exercising.  It's the food that is my downfall.  Fortunately, today I did not fall down.

No comments: