Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stuffed.

We had nachos for dinner.  I used chicken and black beans instead of the beef and refried beans that I would normally use.  I made a cheese sauce with some skim milk and 2% milk Mexican cheese.  The consistency wasn't great, but it tasted good.  Also, I used pico de gallo instead of salsa and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.  The only cheat would be the chips, and even those were whole grain.  It was no Nachos Bell Grande, but it was pretty tasty.  (I also know that the chicken was really chicken and that there was not 770 calories and 42 grams of fat in my version.  That's a comfort.)

I just ate more than I should have.  I am stuffed.  However, aside from overeating at dinner I had a very good day.  I've been trying to keep track of my food intake in my planner each day.  On most days I know within twenty calories what my intake was for the day.  I usually stop keeping track at dinner time, but I'm not looking for an exact number.  I just want to know whether I am being realistic or not when I say that I was "good" on a particular day.  If I've done well up until dinner, I know what I need to do to keep from falling off the deep end.

Chris and I both took the day off of work tomorrow.  Why?  No reason.  We just wanted to spend the day together.  I'm sure we'll get a few errands done, but maybe not.

No comments: