Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day.

Both of our offices were open today, but Chris and I decided that we should stay home.  There was only about six inches of snow when we woke up, but that is still too much for a Cavalier.  Our street didn't get plowed until about 4:30 this afternoon, and it was done by a private citizen with a pick-up truck who only made one pass.  By that point I think there was about eleven inches of snow on the ground.

Since the gym and the office are in the same building, I obviously didn't make it there either.  However, Chris and I spent about an hour shoveling snow off of the driveway.  We didn't take any breaks and were working at a decent pace.  There was just so much of it and the further we went the heavier it felt.

When we finished shoveling, I brought Jet outside and we played in the snow for a while.  I could tell that he was having more fun than he's had in a long time.  Maybe this weekend I'll get out there with him again.

I did pretty well on the diet today.  However, I am fortunate that there weren't really any sweets in the house because I was having some big chocolate cravings.  I also had to battle the urge to eat out of boredom, but was successful at finding other things to occupy my mind.

No comments: