Wednesday, February 9, 2011

So Many Stairs.

The treadmills were all occupied this morning, so I got on the stair climber instead.  I wanted to make sure that I got a good workout, so I set it to the "Aerobic Training" course on level 7.  Oh my Lord.  It kicked my butt, but I may need to do it more often.  I struggled, but I lasted the whole 25 minutes. 100 floors!

I did very well food-wise today.  I had a tiny piece of a king cake that arrived in our office from the company's Louisiana location.  It was only a couple of bites.  For dinner, we had some light salads and some plain chicken wings with BBQ dipping sauce (takeout of course).  They were very tasty and since they weren't fried, they weren't too unhealthy.

I realized this evening that I could go the rest of my life without eating another salad and be perfectly happy.  That may not be the case if every salad was a chef or Cobb salad, but if that were true then salads would be on the list of things that I should avoid anyway.  As I forced down the salad that I'd made for dinner, I wished that I could just push it aside and have ten more wings instead.  I didn't do that, because it would be a waste and it would not be very healthy.

No comments: