Sunday, February 13, 2011

Daddy's Birthday Dinner.

After an eventful and very productive morning, Chris and I headed out to my parents' house for the afternoon.  As I mentioned yesterday, I was supposed to make my Dad his birthday dinner at our house and he found out that he had to work today.  We decided to move the party, and all worked out great.

I stayed true to my mission until dinner.  I made "Upside-Down Shepherd's Pie."  It's become a favorite in our household, and I had not made it for my Dad yet.  He said that he enjoyed it, although I think that I could make him fried earthworms and he would still say that he enjoyed it.

Shepherd's Pie in general is not a figure-friendly dish.  This version is no different.  I did well the rest of the day though, so I don't feel terrible about it.

My Dad really enjoyed the assortment of sundae toppings that a bought and made him for his birthday.  He loves his ice cream, and has some pretty much every day.  I love it almost as much.  Like father like daughter.

No comments: