Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl BBQ.

I slow cooked BBQ short ribs all afternoon for our Super Bowl feast.  If you've ever tried to cook them, then you know that they might be the fattiest cut of beef that you can get.  There might be more fat than meat on them.

I cooked them for four and a half hours at 250 degrees, wrapped and tented in aluminum foil so that they would stay moist.  When we finally ate them, the meat was falling off of the bone and was super moist and delicious.  Never mind the entire cereal bowl of fat and bones that we had on the table when we were finished.  Hey, at least that didn't end up in my body.

I also made some corn, cornbread, and mashed potatoes.  I made the potatoes with two tablespoons of light butter and some skim milk, so they were not nearly as unhealthy as they could have been.  If you want to know a completely sinful way to make your mashed potatoes, tune in next Sunday.

All in all, I think I did very well today.  We have some light hors devours to have later around half-time, but it's nothing that is going to ruin me.

I have to be really good this week so that I can enjoy some upside-down shepherd's pie and a Guinness next Sunday for my Dad's birthday.  Oh, and of course some cake and ice cream too.  Not to mention the fact that Valentine's Day is next week and I promised Chris one of those Chocolate Explosion Cheesecakes that I mentioned yesterday.  My goodness, so far I'm not doing any better in February, am I?

No comments: