Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Week is Flying, But the Days are So Slow.

Do you ever feel like the days just creep by, but the week itself is over in the blink of an eye?  I am feeling like that this week.  It's a pretty slow week at work, which makes for long days.  However, I just realized that tomorrow is Thursday already.

I finally made it to the gym this morning.  I have finally made it to the top of the waiting list for a locker rental, so I had to take some time to fill out the "lease" form.  By the time I was on the stair climber, I only had 15 minutes.  I made it a good 15 minutes though!

I am pretty stoked that starting on Monday, I'll be able to shed some weight from my gym bag.  I work in a very long building and it takes about five minutes to walk from the gym to my office.  That's a long walk when you're lugging forty pounds or so on one shoulder.  It's even longer when you're wearing heels.

I am pretty concerned about next Tuesday's weigh in.  I've gotten better about my eating habbits (aside from the 4-day cheesecake binge).  I'm working out harder and smarter.  Why is it that some of us have to starve ourselves just to reach a "healthy" weight?  Is it really healthy if I have to be miserable to get there and stay there?  I don't want to use some fad diet with results that don't last.  I don't want to spend ten hours a week in the gym.  I just want to be healthy and happy.

No comments: