Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Work.

Getting up an hour earlier was every bit as difficult as I thought it would be.  In fact, I don't even remember hearing the alarm go off the first time.  Luckily, I was alert enough to realize what was happening after the first snooze at 5:54am.

It was decided that in order for this carpooling thing to work we are probably going to need to set the alarm for 5:30 rather than 5:45.  I'm not pleased, but I'll get used to it.

I would call this a good day, or at least a good start.  I got up and dressed for the gym pretty quickly, and was able to make breakfast for Chris and I.  That is something that I haven't done on a work day in months.  I made "Egg McMuffins" with whole wheat English muffins, two fried egg whites, and one thin slice of ham.  It tasted pretty good and kept me full well through my work out.  I envied Chris as he ate his sandwich with cheese on it, but told myself that I was better off without it.

When I got to the gym at 7:00 this morning, it was packed.  I had expected to see 4-5 other people, and instead there was about 5 times the crowd.  I'm glad that there are other people that are serious about getting fit, but I hope that I continue to get lucky and the the machines that I need are open.  This morning I was able to jump on a treadmill and ran/walked for 25 minutes and 2.1 miles.  Unfortunately, it's looking like 25-30 minutes is all the time that I am going to have for working out in the morning.

I ate pretty well for the rest of the day.  I think I will have to take more food to work with me tomorrow though, because I was definitely hungry.  An apple and a Balance Bar just don't do it for lunch.  I snacked on some Planter's Heart Healthy mixed nuts, but it just wasn't enough.

Of course some of those leftover Christmas goodies tripped me up this evening.  Soon enough they'll be out of the house and out of my mind.

No comments: