Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pizza? It's delicious, but no thanks.

That's right, I turned down free pizza today.  It's not every day that your boss offers to buy you pizza for lunch.  I respectfully declined in the name of my weight loss quest.  Go me!

I did well today until dinner.  We had leftovers.  There was enough lasagna and stir fry for about 1.5 servings each and I probably had more than I should have.  I know I did, because I'm feeling pretty gross right now. 

I don't like to waste anything and I don't like clutter.  I'm finding out that is a real problem for me in regard to food.  I don't want to throw edible food away, but I also don't want it taking up space in my refrigerator or cupboard for too long.  What is the best solution?  Eat it.

I know, ideally I would only buy what I need.  We all know how difficult that is.  I go the extra mile and plan a menu for the week each Sunday and grocery shop accordingly.  I still end up with too much food.

Maybe the root of the problem is that I don't know how to cook for two.  Every time I cook, I end up with a family-sized pot/dish/pan of whatever it was that I decided to make.  It doesn't help that most recipes are designed that way.  That is also how most cookware is designed.  I can't seem to find a head of lettuce in the store that won't make three to four giant salads.  As I mentioned yesterday, I can only eat so much salad.  I'm not a rabbit for gosh sakes...

Ranting finished.

No comments: