Friday, January 14, 2011

"Beat It."

I made a version of a BLT this for dinner tonight.  Don't worry, I used restraint with the bacon.  I swapped the lettuce for arugula and fried and egg to put on top.  I left the egg yolk runny, so there was no need for dressing of any kind.  I also put it on an English muffin instead of bread to save myself 50 calories.  I decided while eating it that I would name it the "BEAT It" sandwich, and that it would be fun to try and name all future cooking experiments (or at least the successful ones) after pop hits from the 1980's.

I changed it up a little today at lunch, too.  I had been eating a half tuna sandwich and some cottage cheese all week.  Today I had a Lean Cuisine with vegetables and butternut squash ravioli in it.  It was quite good and very filling.  If the heavy protein consumption does seem to be paying off by the end of this month, I may forget the tuna and start eating Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones for lunch instead.  The only problem that I have with that is that I can't pronounce 75% of the ingredients on their labels and that is a little frightening.  They are so convenient though!

I did some running again at the gym today.  Yesterday I worked on my legs and they are not nearly as sore as they were last Friday... and Saturday... and Sunday.  I love seeing improvement!

No comments: