Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Endless Dessert Buffet.

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I had an all day, off site meeting for work today.  I knew that food would be provided, but was unsure of what... That being said, I should receive a medal for how awesome I did today.

I got to the hotel conference center this morning after stopping by the gym for my daily workout.  Waiting for me was what they called a "continental breakfast."  No one is ever quite sure what they will get when that phrasing is used.  Well, this was a plethora of every type of carbohydrate that one could ever desire.  I was able to resist, due to the protein shake that I drank on my way over.

I walked into the conference room and there was hard candy at all of the tables.  I did not eat a single piece all day.  Not long after facing the candy, I learned that our activity to start the day was "Face the Cookie" from the tv show Minute to Win It.  I did not manage to get any cookies into my mouth with my face muscles, but my hand muscles had better luck.  Just one cookie though.

Lunch wasn't exactly healthy, but could have been worse.  Salads, spaghetti and meatballs, prime rib, roasted potatoes, etc.  I did pretty well in that I didn't eat a lot of it.  At the end of the buffet line there was a giant platter of different types of cake all cut up and plated for us.  I'm happy to report that no cake touched my lips.  That was really hard because there was chocolate cake that looked amazing.

At about 2:30, two people came around and dropped handfuls of assorted chocolate candy on all of the tables.  It was definitely needed by some of us after sitting through hours of speeches, but I almost wished that they would have just dropped a six pack of 5-Hour Energy on the tables to get rid of that 2:30 feeling.  Less calories and much less tempting.  I never gave in.

Afterwords, hors devours and drinks were served.  Everything looked delicious, but I decided I would have one beer and then get outta dodge before I could be tempted any further.  I got home and we had Rocco Dispirito's version of a cobb salad, which is quite a bit healthier than an actual cobb salad.

I am nothing but appreciative of how good my employer is to me... but my goodness.  How's a girl supposed to keep her girlish figure under these conditions?

No comments: