Monday, January 10, 2011

Ten in Ten.

Every January, my gym starts a challenge called, "Choose to Lose."  You and a partner wager $20 each that both of you will lose ten pounds in ten weeks.  If one of you fails, you both lose your money.  If you're both successful, you get to split the pot with the other winners.

This will be my third year participating, with the same partner.  We've shared in the winnings for the last two years!  The problem is, I always end up right back where I started by the next year.  This year is no different.  In fact, I've managed to put on thirteen pounds since the last challenge ended.

We weighed in today.  For the next ten weeks, I'll have a monetary incentive to lose a pound a week.  I'll take all the help that I can get.

Yesterday, I was at the grocery store and happened to compare the nutrition information on a giant jug of whey protein powder to that of a Special K Protein Shake.  At 2.5 times the protein and a tenth of the carbs, I had to give it a try.  Not to mention, it is much cheaper.  I tried the first shake today and put way too much water in it.  It tasted like chocolate water, which is as gross as it sounds.  Tomorrow, I plan to use half the water and try it as "hot chocolate."

My diet was okay today with one exception.  My boss' birthday was this weekend and a co-worker brought in a cake.  I wasn't going to have any, but he cut me a huge piece and brought it to me at my desk.  Of course, I couldn't resist it at that point.

I did well at the gym, too.  I was able to go 2.3 miles in 25 minutes.  Normally, I make it an even two.

No comments: