Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Squash Fries and Motivation Issues.

I had a really hard time getting going this morning.  I got to the gym and started running.  Within ten minutes I'd had enough of that.  I didn't want to stop, but just didn't have the oomph to keep going.  I stopped and got on a recombinant bike for another ten minutes, alternating high resistance with low.  Then, I finished the workout off with five minutes on a stair climber.  There's something about cross training that keeps you going when you really want to stop.

The office food got me again, but I balanced it out by only eating part of the food that I took to work with me for the day.  I didn't have my protein shake today either... I'm just not seeing the results that I was hoping for and I don't know if choking the shakes down is really worth it.  I know that I said they were better with milk and they are.  They're still not great though.  I'm probably better off to save the 200 calories (including the milk) for something that I actually enjoy.

I made grilled chicken and butternut squash fries for dinner.  I learned to make the fries on an episode of Hungry Girl.  In spite of what she says, they do not taste like sweet potato fries.  They taste like baked butternut squash.  That's fine by me because I like squash, but Chris was not the biggest fan.  I also found that the more of them I ate, the less appealing they were.  I wish real french fries had diminishing returns.

2 comments:

Jenalee said...

Geez your department is always having food!!! GL never has food. Keep up the good work Michelle!
Ps. You can always bring me the treats you don't want ;)

25andCounting said...

The perks of sitting right next to the QA department. :)