Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Productivity Continues.

Once again, Chris and I got a lot done around the house today.  The floors and the bathrooms were cleaned.  The vanity was cleaned out in the bathroom and all Bath & Body Works lotions dated earlier than 2009 were thrown out.  Laundry was and is being done.  Most importantly, the garage was finally cleaned out from a November construction project and both of our cars are parked inside.  Thank you, Chris and Mark (my father-in-law).

We had the usual egg-muffin breakfast.  There was some braunschweiger in the house from the "Poor Man's Pate" that I made on New Year's Eve.  Chris had a slice on his sandwich, but I'm happy to report that I tasted it and was not a fan.  I can't handle that much sodium early in the morning, which is good because no one should be eating that for breakfast.  It's gone now and we won't be eating it until next New Year's Eve.

I made some homemade potato soup for dinner.  I skipped the copious amounts of milk and butter that I would normally put in it (or heavy cream if you want to make it really tasty).  Instead, I used some turkey stock that I had made a few weeks ago and frozen.  To add a little protein, I cooked about 6 strips of bacon and crumbled them into the pot.  Bacon is high in fat, but I think 6 strips in about 8 servings of soup is excusable.  We used plain yogurt as a garnish.  It was really good and I'm looking forward to having the leftovers this week.

Dessert (yes, dessert!) was a Smart Ones Brownie A La Mode.  It was quite good, but I just checked the nutrition facts on my favorite ice cream (Sander's Bumpy Cake and Cream).  There are 40 fewer calories, 100 less milligrams of sodium, and half the carbs in the delicious Sander's ice cream.  I guess it only pays to eat the Smart Ones if you can't stop at a half cup of regular ice cream.  I think that I can.

Back to the gym in the morning.

No comments: