Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Shoes...

I finished my workout this morning, took a shower, and got dressed.  It wasn't until that point that I realized that the cute black flats that I was going to wear to work were not in my bag.  Under different circumstances I would just go back home and get them.  However, that's difficult when you're a half hour drive from home and your husband dropped you off before he went to his own office.  I thought to myself, "Which is more appropriate for the office, dark blue flip flops or my gym shoes?"  I went with the flip flops.

I felt like a dork all day (blue flip flops did not match my outfit), but fortunately did not have any meetings.  I was able to stay in my cubicle for most of the day and only ended up explaining the flip flops to one person.  Bullet dodged.

Speaking of shoes, I really do need to invest in some new running shoes.  I've had the current pair for quite a while.  I've heard that you should get a new pair every 6 months or 500 miles, whichever comes first.  I don't think I will ever have to worry about the mileage on my shoes.

I ate pretty well again today.  I made baked chicken with Italian Mrs. Dash, boiled potatoes (also with Mrs. Dash), and some peas for dinner.  It was not the best dinner I've ever made or eaten, but it was healthy and salt free.  Well, my plate was healthy.  Chris ruined his when he put cheese and butter all over it.  Once again, I had to watch him eat the food that I wanted to be eating.

No comments: