Thursday, January 6, 2011

Out of Sight, Out of Mind.

I discovered today that if I put my un-refrigerated food in one of my desk drawers instead of on my desk, I feel much less hungry throughout the day.  I had that can of mixed nuts on my desk all week, taunting me.  This morning I put them in a drawer and told myself I could have some at 2:00.  It really helped me to stop thinking about devouring the whole can.  Imagine that.

Today was another good day.  I made stir fry for dinner with some sirloin steak in it.  My parents raised the steer that the meat came from, and I have to say that they did a fine job.  He was very tasty.  :-)

I don't have high hopes for tomorrow... potluck.  I signed up to bring peanut butter pies before I had decided to go on this weight-loss quest.  I made them this evening, and they contain 4 of my favorite things: peanut butter, cream cheese, chocolate, and whipped cream.  Why must everything that is so good be so bad for you?

No comments: