Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh Comfortpedic, How I Love Thee...

Since we moved in together, Chris and I have been sleeping on a 25 year-old, full size spring mattress.  At first, it was fine.  Probably because that was an upgrade for me.  However, in the last few months we have noticed that there is a very pronounced dip in the center.  Needless to say, we're not sleeping well.

Today, we got a smokin' deal on a queen size Comfortpedic memory foam mattress and two memory foam neck-support pillows.  It is being delivered next Saturday and I am giddy with anticipation!  Maybe next Sunday when the dog wants his breakfast at 6:15 in the morning, I won't be so mad at him for making me get up early on the weekend.  I am truly looking forward to some good nights of sleep.

I tried the chicken Fresco Tacos from Taco Bell today.  I had two of them for lunch, which amounted to about 7 grams of fat and 300 calories according to their menu.  While I would have much rather had a Cheesy Beef and Potato Burrito, they are pretty tasty if you are watching your waistline.

I made a French pot roast for dinner.  It was quite a departure from the pot roast recipe that I am used to.  It might have been slightly healthier because I trimmed the fat off of the meat, but I think that I would rather have it "the way Mom always used to make it" and just eat less.  It was tasty enough though.

Mondays come too quickly.

No comments: