Friday, January 7, 2011

Battle of the Potluck.

I guess I would call it a draw.  There were not many (if any) healthy food options at this potluck.  I think I did a pretty decent job of portion control though.  I only had a half bowl of beer-cheese soup?  I think that counts for something.  I also ate strawberry trifle instead of the peanut butter cup pie that I mentioned yesterday.  That was a challenge.

I made two pies and almost ended up bringing one of them home.  Fortunately, there were some ladies in another department that were more than happy to take it off of my hands.  I was able to help myself and make their work day a little sweeter.

I made it to the gym every day this week.  Yes!  I worked on my legs yesterday, with lunges and squats abound.  I felt okay this morning and went for a two mile run.  I stretched after my work out as always, got cleaned up, and went to work.  I tried to get up after sitting at my desk for two hours to find out that my legs were really hurting.  They still hurt, eight hours later.  Lets hope they don't hurt in the morning.

I don't plan to work out on the weekends, but that could change if the weight isn't coming off.  However, I am going to try and be more productive on my days off.  There are a lot of things that I could be getting done around the house that just haven't been getting done.  If you know me, you know that my life has been a little insane over the last year.  Therefore, I'm not very hard on myself about not getting things done around the house.  No more excuses.  It's a new year and it is time to move forward.

No comments: