Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Productive Saturday.

I know it's early, but I already have dinner planned so it isn't as if I can ruin my diet in the next 8 hours.  We're having homemade chicken tikka masala, which is a delicious Indian dish if you've never had it.  It's a little spicy, but I found some Na'an bread at the grocery store to go with it.  That will help with some of the heat.  The recipe that I have makes a very healthy dish.

Christmas has officially been put away until next December.  I really wanted to take all of the decorations down last weekend, but just didn't get to it.  Aside from the decorations, I did a lot of decluttering and dusting today.  I still need to vacuum and mop, but that can wait until tomorrow.

We got a couple of inches of snow during the day and over night last night, so I went out to help Chris shovel the driveway this afternoon after we finished the indoor chores.  I actually like to shovel snow on the days that I don't work out.  It makes me feel a little better about skipping the gym.  I really wanted to get a snow blower this year, but I think my waistline would like it if we just continued to shovel.

I have to confess that I ate Jimmy John's for lunch.  In my defense, it was after 3:00 and I'd only had my usual egg white on an English muffin and a Balance Bar.  I think I'll still come out okay on my caloric intake for the day, since we're having a very light dinner.

I saw a show on the Cooking Channel this morning called Bitchin' Kitchen.  It was pretty funny, but it's a little hard to keep up with if you're serious about making the dish that the host is demonstrating.  It's definitely worth watching once... and maybe twice if you like to drink your Saturday morning cup-o-Joe in front of the TV like I do.

I found out yesterday that I'm going to have a niece!  I wasn't going to mention it, but my sister posted on Facebook about it, so I think it's fair game.  Words can't express how excited I am to be an aunt.  I'm already thinking about gift ideas.  What do you think, Beth?


No comments: