Sunday, January 30, 2011

Coldstone.

I think today's title says it all.  Chris and I split a Love It size Peanut Butter Cup Perfection at Coldstone today.  However, that was the only "bad" thing that I ate.

I made some chili for dinner.  It was very good, but I had to have some Tums for dessert.  My taste buds like the heat, but my stomach doesn't agree.

One of the things that I like most about chili is that it seems like an indulgent food, but is really not bad for you at all.  The only thing in my chili that might be considered unhealthy is the not-so-lean ground beef that I use.  Considering that the entire pot only has one pound of meat and makes 7-8 servings, even that doesn't seem so bad.

Of course, I always have to add some naughty garnishes.  Chili just isn't the same without sour cream, cheddar cheese, and a couple of saltine crackers.  Lately, I've been subbing low-fat plain Greek yogurt for sour cream in just about everything.  Personally, I can barely tell the difference and I think I may even like the yogurt a little more.  I've also cut way back on the number of crackers that I use (4-5 instead of 10-15).  A couple of years ago, my bowl of chili would resemble some sort of cracker-cheese-tomato paste.

Back to the grind tomorrow morning.  If you didn't notice, tomorrow is the last day of January... Eek, deadlines approaching!

No comments: