Friday, January 28, 2011

Mixed Emotions.

I did decide to skip the gym this morning.  It just didn't make sense to drive that far out of my way to use a treadmill.  I had planned on doing some Tae-Bo this morning to compensate, but that didn't happen either.  That was just sheer laziness.  I will do some Tae-Bo at some point tomorrow.

After our meeting this morning, we all headed to an undisclosed location to celebrate getting our bonuses and being masters of our domain (not in the Seinfeld sense).  As promised, I did my best to eat healthy.  However, that is a problem when there are no healthy things to eat.  That is, unless you want to eat cold chicken skewers and nothing else.

Upon seeing that eating healthy was going to be an impossibility, I decided to dive in head first.  If you're going to have a bad day, then you might as well have a really bad day, right?  I ate potato chips with sour cream, bacon, chives, and nacho cheese on them.  I'm aware of how weird that is, but that is what was offered and it tasted really good.  I also had a couple of scoops of ice cream, a cookie, some fried mac and cheese, and many other sinful delights.  I had my margarita.

To cap off the great day that I was having, we went out to dinner.  For $12.99 at T.G.I. Fridays, I got full-size bowl of French onion soup, a half pound burger with cheese and a side of fries, and a full-size slice of peanut butter cup pie.  That is a hell of a deal and a hell of a lot of food.  I only ate about half of what I was given, and I am stuffed.

I am happy that I got to have a surprise day off and ate all kinds of the things that I'd been craving.  I also feel pretty guilty about it.  To be completely honest, I also don't feel the best physically tonight.  There's nothing in particular wrong, I just feel weighted down.  It would be nice to remember this feeling the next time that I want to spend an entire day being indulgent.  I haven't remembered it the last 200 times, but maybe writing it down will help it sink in.

No comments: